My Current Holy Grails

Hey guys!!

So I thought to myself, I often write posts reviewing products, finding dupes and showing my monthly favourites, but I thought you guys should also know about my all time favourites too! I've gathered a few products I've labelled as my 'holy grails' - products I always end up gravitating back towards even after trying out new products, or the products I just always reach for whether it's for my every day look, to take when I travel or for general usage.



Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette


I think it goes by no surprise that this is my holy grail, seeing as it seems to be everyone else's holy grail palette! In all honesty, I don't use all of the shades - I'd love to be brave enough to use the pinks and reds more often and for bolder brighter looks but I keep to my comfort zone too often. The browns speak to me on another level, and lately I've been loving mixing the orange in too to create a different tone to my looks. My favourite shades have got to be 'Vermeer' and 'Primavera' - two beautiful shimmer shades, one gold and the other a more pale silver shade.


Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer 


This concealer works wonders, for the price of £4.19 it works so well - I love using it to carve my brows but also for my under eyes - it gives great coverage and lasts a long time on me too! I have it in the shades '01 fair' and '02 medium cool'. If you're new to makeup or just want to find an affordable drugstore concealer I really do recommend this one!

Freedom Duo Brow Powder 

This brow powder does wonders, I've never tired the ABH brow powder but I hear it's a dupe. And it costs £3! Its super pigmented and lasts well all day. The colour is perfect for me (shade: ash brown), it's great for an everyday look to just fill in sparse areas, highly recommend!!


The Balm Mary Lou Manizer Highlighter

This was the first highlighter I ever purchased, all because it was so highly spoken about by many many people - and they were right in doing so because its such a lovely pale golden champagne shade that really pops and makes my skin looking so glowy and radiant. The pan size is huge as well - I use it so often I havent even hit pan on it yet!

Just look at the swatch on my hand!!! So glowy and super pigmented - for £20 I really do recommend it - I love using it as an eyeshadow as well! It works so well and really makes the look pop!

NYX Microbrow pencil 


In all honesty, I bought this product because I wanted free delivery on feelunique and thought to try it. I didn't think I'd love it as much as I do my brows - I usually use this in combination with the brow powder, the two work amazingly together!! For £8 I definitely recommend this one. because initially I thought, why would I need such a small pencil product? My usual ones were thicker and did a great job at filling my brows in. Little did I know, this product is so good at creating hair like strokes and just creating little strokes to help create a better arch and shape for my brows. I usually use this in combination with the brow powder and the two paired together work a charm! 


Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipsticks


These are probably my newest holy grail product range - the colours and longevity of the liquid lipsticks are incredible. They last all day and I don't even need to top up! My favourite shades are probably Venus and Girlfriend - two brown nudes that are basically better versions of my own lip colour! The scent is a bit off putting when applying but it goes away when the product dries down, so it's not the worst. For £18, it's pricey but definitely worth the investment in my opinion!

This shade swatched is 'Girlfriend' - a beautiful brown nude! The packaging in general is amazing, they're too nice to throw away!! I keep all of mine in their original packaging😂 also the frosted bottle is so sleek and beautiful!!


Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip


I'm so sad I only have the sample size of these because I love them so much! The shade 'Dopey' is my perfect everyday colour. I prefer this formula over the ultra mattes because these are just more moisturising and less drying on the lips - the ultra mattes just feel so dry and uncomfortable in my opinion!

Definitely need the full size version of these because the formulation is incredible. Not to mention they're really cheap to buy ($6 per lipstick), its just a real shame ordering internationally is such a pain in terms of custom fees.. I'm definitely building up a Colourpop order list for the near future because I need more!!


NYX Epic Ink Liner


I'm not going to go on about this eyeliner too much because I feel like I have done - it's a super great eyeliner with a brush tip applicator (my fav).

It's super pigmented and black, easy to apply and create a perfectly sharp wing! For £9 it's a must in my opinion. I can't do wings without this eyeliner anymore, it really does help create sharp wings! The only down side I would say is that it sometimes bleeds (as in not on my skin but the pen itself bleeds and leaks a little so it gets a bit on my hand/fingers)



Marc Jacobs Highliner 

I got the shade 'blacquer' which is their basic
black shade - and it's so pigmented, creamy, and soo easy to glide on. It's a gel-like consistency/formula so I don't need to tug on my waterline for it to work well - it's an easy to use easy to apply eyeliner! It's a £20 investment but personally I think it's a worthy investment. Especially because it's a basic/staple shade to have! I've written more about this eyeliner on the post before this one here!



BH Cosmetics #12 brush


You wouldn't really think of brushes and tools as a holy grail or you'd think it's random to include but definitely here for all the right reasons!
This is my all time favourite blending brush - a great soft brush for an all over crease shade to diffuse the colour everywhere, effortlessly! It's £3 (bargain!) and I have 2 myself because they're just that great. It does an amazing job at picking up the shadow and distributing it evenly across the crease! 100% recommend!


These are my holy grail products I love adore and use almost everyday - I hope you've enjoyed the read! Let me know what your holy grails are! Are any the same as mine?

Lots of love!
Xoxo

Comments

  1. Some great picks to have as your holy grails! I absolute adore the Modern Renaissance palette but want it to last forever so I haven't used it in so long, I need to get back to using it soon it's just so pretty. The collection lasting perfection concealer is so good too for the price. Loving the sound of the brow powder and I can't believe it's only £3 I need to give that a try! Everything else looks beautiful too and I have definitely fallen for the Huda Lipsticks!

    Ellie x

    elliesbitsofbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to be more adventurous with my eye looks using the palette!! Ahh I highly recommend the brow powder - it's lasted me ages!!

      Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts