Best and Worst Lip Products💄

I am forever on the hunt for perfect lipstick formulas - whether it's a liquid lipstick, gloss or the traditional lipstick. Mattes, cremes, gloss, stains... I've tried a fair few brands of lipsticks and I'm here to give a run down of the best and worst in my opinion (obviously based on the ones I have tried!)

The Best: (in my opinion)

In no particular order...



Huda Beauty Liquid Mattes

These are seriously amazing, the formula is thin and they definitely don't crease or crumble
Application: Classic doe foot applicator - super easy and thin in formulation, sometimes it goes a bit sticky after application but it dries down
Shade range: A good selection of light nudes, dark nudes, reds, pinks and vampy purples and browns!
Comfort: Seriously comfortable! I notice a slight bit of stickiness when I press my lips together but its forgivable as it dries down fine
Lasting power: These are quite the long lasting liquid lipstick, even when I have a meal I don't have to touch up!
Cons: They stink. Seriously, they smell like alcohol to me - like a coconut rum (but my sister initially thought it smelt like coffee...). But the scent goes away when it dries down so I guess it's not the end of the world, also the initial stickiness can get annoying but it does dry down eventually
Price: These are expensive, £18 for a liquid lipstick, but if you're dying to try them, consider buying the mini set beforehand so you get a sample of 4 shades before deciding if you want to make the splurge! If you're from the UK you can purchase them from Cult Beauty here online but also in stores in Selfridges and Harrods.

Barry M Matte Me Up Lip Paint

These affordable drug store liquid lips are amazing quality and super affordable!!
Application: A classic doe foot applicator - easy to use and quick to dry down! Pretty thin in formula too
Shade range: Unfortunately there are only 5 shades available for this range (2 reds, 2 nudes and 1 purple)
Comfort: So comfortable! After some bad experiences with drugstore liquid lips, I expected stickiness and serious discomfort but I was pleasantly surprised
Lasting power: Pretty amazing, it stayed put throughout the day including when eating!
Cons: The poor shade range :(
Price: £4.99 each - absolute steal

Jouer

These liquid lipsticks are amazing - highly raved about for good reason!
Application: Really easy application that dries down really quickly. Smells amazing too!! (Like vanilla cupcakes)
Shade range: huge!!! From all the different nudes you'd want to pinks and reds and purples!
Comfort: They're so comfortable to wear - like you aren't even wearing anything!
Lasting power: These last well on me, I can go with no touching up after a meal
Cons: Wish I could afford to have them all!!
Price: £15 each

Lottie London Slay All Day 

I have the shade 'Werk It' and I was honestly so shocked with how amazing it was!
Application: A classic doe-foot applicator, creamy texture that dries down super quick!
Shade range: Poor shade range - 4 shades
Comfort: So so comfortable, you can kind of feel it on your lips but it's not an uncomfortable liquid lipstick at all
Lasting power: A considerable lasting power - I have to top up after a meal but that's pretty standard for most of my liquid lipsticks
Cons: Wish the shade range was larger!!
Price: £5.95 each, or £8.95 for the lip kit - Amazing😍


Colourpop Ultra Satin Lipsticks

These are by far one of my favourite formulas!!
Application: Super easy to apply and dries down fairly quickly (classic doe-foot applicator again)
Shade range: A large shade range from nudes to reds to deep browns and vampy purples!
Comfort: Ridiculously comfortable - one of the most comfortable lippies I own - they feel super moisturising on the lips as well!
Lasting power: Pretty standard - I'd have to top up after a meal/throughout the day, but these aren't 100% transfer proof
Cons: They're so annoying to get a hold of to the UK (in terms of expensive customs fee etc)
Price: $6 each - how amazing!!!


Morphe Liquid Lipsticks

I had heard great things about these liquid lips so I bought one as soon as I saw Beauty Bay did an offer for them!
Application: Classic doe-foot, quite thin in consistency and easy to apply!
Shade range: A decent range, a lot of nudes and a few reds and purples
Comfort: These are pretty comfortable, you can feel them on your lips but I wouldn't consider it uncomfortable or off putting
Lasting power: I do have to touch up throughout the day, especially after a meal
Cons: The packaging itself feels cheap - as in when I twist the top to get the applicator out, the twist mechanism feels almost cheap and thin (basically it's not smooth) and it's like you can feel it twisting up (sounds stupid but I hope it makes sense)
Price: £10.50 - a decent price, not the end of the world

Those were the liquid lipsticks I think are worth the hype/worth mentioning, of course there are tons more formulas and brands who do liquid lipsticks which I think are still amazing!

Now onto the 'worst' in my opinion...

Nip and Fab Liquid Lipsticks

I bought these two shades as I was so excited that they were coming out with their own makeup range! So I had to snap up these liquid lipsticks up to test them out, also because the shades looked so up my street! (I've written an in depth review about them here), but here's a basic summary
Application: A classic doe-foot applicator, easy to apply, nothing to complain about there
Shade range: at the moment it's a small selection of nude shades of around 10, mostly nudes and a few pinks
Comfort: Not really comfortable, they're sticky and don't dry down
Lasting power: I haven't even worn them for a full day because they're so uncomfortable😭 but my guess is that they don't last long as they're so sticky
Cons: The shades I got are actually beaut, it's the formula that bothers me! I hope they update their formula because their colours are so nice
Price: £7.95

LA Girl Matte Flat Finish Gloss


I got these as I wanted to find a super affordable every day matte lipstick!
Application: Creamy in consistency, the applicator is quite thin, no shape or angle to it
Shade range: From what's available on Beauty Bay it's a small range of reds, purples, browns and corals
Comfort: These are okay in comfort but they're sticky and a bit drying, they're comfortable if you don't talk or move your lips..😂
Lasting power: It's not too bad but it's not the best - you'd have to reapply throughout the day
Cons: Small shade range, but also the packaging is a bit fat and chunky which can be bad if you're travelling and trying to compact your packing
Price: £5


So those were my best and worst lip products! Do you agree or disagree with any of my choices? Let me know!💄

Lots of love
Xoxo

Comments

  1. I love the Barry M ones!! They are such good quality and are so comfortable to wear!! Great post girl xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're the best aren't they!
      Thank you so much Imogen!! Xxx

      Delete
  2. Jouer lip cremes are some of my absolute faves and now the Huda ones are too! Why do i always fall for the pricey ones! I need to give some drugstore ones ago, I really want to try the Barry M ones but I'm just not really completely sold on any of the shades which is such a shame. I loved this post!

    Ellie x

    elliesbitsofbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I know me too!! Those ones are such great products its so annoying that they're not as affordable!

      The Barry M ones are fab but I agree, its so annoying how small the shade range is! Thanks so much Ellie!

      Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts