August Favouritesđź’•

The month of August felt like it was going on for ever! I was so busy working and finding time to see my friends and family but it somehow dragged on, but it's finally September now!! And I am so ready for the hot chocolate, sweaters and autumnal colours!

This month I've been loving a small collection of items - all beauty related this month. I haven't had much time to go shopping and look for lifestyle things that I've really loved to put in here unfortunately!

Firstly I'd like to apologise for not posting a July's favourite but also being more inactive on my blog as well as on social media. My family and I experienced something really tragic at the end of July that I'm still having trouble getting to grips with and it's effected my day to day life and I'm honestly still traumatised from it. It's made me more self conscious and aware of everything I do so I've been spending a lot of time with my family trying to cope with it.

This month hasn't been the greatest for me, I haven't felt myself and I'm constantly feeling down. It felt like bad news on top of more bad news. So I apologise for not being as active as I usually am, but also if my content lacks in quality.


On a brighter note, here are my August favourites!


Unicorn Lashes in the style 'Clementine'



If you follow me on instagram I'm sure you're sick if me talking about how great these lashes are. The company in itself is amazing - speedy delivery and always having amazing promotions going on. This style is my favourite - they're light, fluttery and not too intense so perfect for an everyday look!
They're £9.99 - vegan and reusable up to 15 times if cared for properly - which I think is amazing.

Personally, I feel some of the drug store lashes look either too fake/they're not fluttery and wispy enough. So this style is literally my go to nowadays whenever I don't feel like rocking my natural lashes! I highly recommend the brand and these lashes!

You can purchase them here

Eylure Lash Fix


While we are on the note of false eyelashes, I have to mention the glue I've been using! I started off using a lash glue that dried down black to help blend with my eyeliner, but I found it difficult to use because as I was applying the lashes, (I'm not the best at applying them), the glue would often touch my lid space which got so annoying when I had eyeshadow on, which meant I had to wait for it to dry down and attempt to flake off which often didn't work so I'd have to go in with makeup remover, remove the glue and try fix the eyeshadow. That glue was also a squeezy tube application which got messy as sometimes I would press too hard and too much glue would come out.

This Eylure Lash Fix has been my saviour - for starters it dries clear which is obviously a lot better than black if I get it on my lid space. But also the applicator is everything - a wand to apply product on as opposed to squeezing product out. Not only that, but it's super cheap at £2.95 - I can definitely see it lasting me a long time!

You can purchase it here


Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Mascara


Again, whilst on the subject of lashes, I have to mention my everyday go to mascara for the past month. I have been reaching for this non stop every day I wear mascara. It lifts and curls my lashes and they actually make it look like my lashes exist! I love the packaging of it but it's just such a shame it's so hard to get a hold of Tarte in the UK. I purchased mine in a Sephora while on holiday but Tarte and Sephora do ship to the UK, you just have to mind the annoying customs fee.

It has a soft bristle applicator that's just straight in shape - no curves no fancy shapes, just a great mascara! I highly recommend this one!


The Body Shop Eye Colour Stick 


I stumbled upon this when I watched Bella Fiori's makeup video of her testing The Body Shop makeup and I was seriously impressed with the pigmentation of the product, so I knew I had to get it when I did a haul next. This is in the shade 'Nevada Gold' - a gorgeous golden shade with glitters.

When receiving it, I must admit it did not disappoint. It's as gorgeous as I saw in her video and I fall in love with it the more I use it! I love using this shade for the centre of my lid to give that extra pop. It's glittery with the perfect amount of pigment to it. For £8, I'm highly impressed!!

 It comes in 3 other shades which is a bit of a let down, but if you're looking for a gorgeous golden lid shade, I recommend this one! You can purchase them here


The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Mask

Speaking of The Body Shop, there has been so much hype and rave about their mask range and I personally really want to try them all! But they're £16 a tub which is quite a bit of money to splurge on if you were to buy all of the different masks they offer.

I got the Himalayan one after hearing so many people loving it, this one purifies whilst adding a glow to help get rid of unwanted nasties on your face. Living in London, the pollution is terrible, which can cause my skin to react to it - that's why having this mask was a saviour. It leaves your skin feeling so clean and relaxed!

You can purchase them here


Mario Badescu Drying Lotion


Again, this is a product I've heard so many youtubers and bloggers hype about. It's a product that helps with spots, you simply dip a cotton bud into the lotion, and apply where you have a spot, or can feel one of those under-the-skin spots coming up and leave it over night, and in the morning the spot has significantly reduced!


For £16 for the bottle, I definitely think it's worth it as you literally use a tiny amount each time!

You can purchase it here


So those were my August favourites! What were yours? Let me know!!

Lots of love
Xoxo

Comments

  1. Loved reading about your Autumn Faves. I love the look of the Nevada Gold. I haven't tried any of the Body Shop makeup, I do hear good reviews though!

    Also the mask sounds very exotic, I don't tend to use too many face masks but I do try the odd one here and there. This one is definitely good inspo.

    The spot drying lotion looks amazing, what a great idea! Might need to get some of that!

    Fab post lovely.

    Samantha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I'm so sorry to hear you've been having a bad time. I hope you're okay and don't apologise for taking a step back, you always come first! If you ever need a friend you know where I am!

    Also loving this post and the sound of all of your favourites! Haha. That Body Shop makeup looks gorgeous and you know I LOVE that mask it's one of my all time faves, I definitely need to get my hands on the two new ones!

    I've wanted to try the Mario Badescu drying lotion and a few of their other products for a while now as well but I've still only tried the two facial sprays. Must get round to it!

    Great post as always lovely!

    Ellie x

    elliesbitsofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts