MAC Velvet Teddy Dupe?!πŸ’„

As always, I love finding dupes. Especially when they're more affordable dupes I can continuously buy without the fear of an empty bank accountπŸ˜‹

MAC's Velvet Teddy is one of their most popular and best selling lipstick - which is obvious as when I went to buy this over a year ago, it took me 3 different MAC stores/counters to actually find the product! But the colour is so beautiful that it was so worth the struggle. The lipstick is priced at £15.50 when I purchased (£16.50 now) which in all honesty is a decent to a high price for a lipstick - there are so many other brands that sell lipsticks for way more or roughly the same! But as an everyday lipstick, the cost may be debatable when you're constantly wearing it, running low and having to repurchase it often.

But this dupe I've found doesn't make me question whether I should continue purchasing it or not, because its only £3! As you all already know if you've read quite a few of my blogposts, I love Makeup Revolution - they are easy to find, they're price friendly, also cruelty free and great quality.

This Makeup Revolution lipstick in the shade 'Chauffeur' is a slightly different shade to Velvet Teddy but pretty much the same on the lips - The Makeup Revolution one is slightly lighter and a touch pinker but honestly they look so similar on the lips you can barely even tell.

The other difference would also be that the Makeup Revolution one isn't as matte of a finish as the MAC one - I'm making this sound like a complete opposite of a dupe but I promise these differences are so subtle you can barely notice it! And seriously for £3 how can you complain! What an absolute bargain - and the staying power is just as long as the MAC ones I would say!

I definitely recommend these £3 lipsticks even if it isn't to get a dupe of Velvet Teddy because 1. they'll be great to take on a night out because if you end up losing it, you're not as heartbroken or hurt compared to losing a MAC lipstick on a night out (trust me I've been there and the heartbreak is real..), and 2. you can buy loads without breaking your bank!

Have you tried any of these Makeup Revolution lipsticks? Have you found yourself a MAC Velvet Teddy dupe?

Let me know in the comments!

Lots of love!
Xoxo

Comments

  1. These are so similar! I actually think I might even prefer the slightly different shade on the Makeup Revolution one compared to Mac! I really love Makeup Revolution lately I definitely need to get my hands on some of those affordable lipsticks! The packaging is so pretty too! Great post lovely

    Ellie x

    elliesbitsofbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a gorgeous shade isnt it! I can't believe they're only £3 and the quality is just amazing as well!! I agree, they're so fab!! Thank you so much lovely!! Xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts