Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Dupe?!

I am constantly on the look out for dupes and cheaper alternatives for makeup because you can seriously find some amazing dupes for products costing three times less! There are so many cult favourites that are actually pretty expensive or they're just too expensive to constantly be repurchasing when I've run out - especially for those with no/low income, like myself. Personally I really try to buy more affordable products just because if I love it, then it wouldn't ever feel like an investment to constantly keep repurchasing!


The Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks are great products that really does have a great shimmer to it, although personally they're priced pretty high at £35. Although for £35 you do get 5 different shades to use as a highlighter and/or eyeshadow too, and you can mix and match with the shades. Some may see £35 a great deal for the product but I know many would steer well away from purchasing the product at such a price.

This Shimmer Brick is in the shade 'Bronze', and luckily for those who aren't willing to spend £35 on the product, I have found a great dupe.


The most notorious brand I know that does great dupes is Makeup Revolution. They seriously do not disappoint with their products regardless if they're dupes or not (lol how many times am I going to say 'dupes' in this post!!) But seriously, the brand itself produces amazing quality products at such great prices.

This Makeup Revolution Shimmer Brick in the shade 'Rose Gold' is actually a perfect dupe for the BB Shimmer Brick, and it only cost £3. Three!! Pounds!! Compared to £35 for the other one, how insane! From first glance, the colours do look a little bit off/the Makeup Revolution one seems to have a bit more shimmer or sparkle in it, but when swatching you'll see that the shades are quite alike.

Comparison:
The two Shimmer Bricks swatched side by side to the same shade. Can you tell which side is which?

The swatches on the right hand side are a bit more intense in colour with better pigmentation compared to the left hand side. Would you believe that the right hand side is the Makeup Revolution Shimmer Brick? How crazy!! I was seriously shocked af when I started doing the swatches, I really didn't expect the colour pay off to be so different.

Don't get me wrong, the BB Shimmer Brick is amazing, but I'm just so shocked that a product that costs 10 less actually has better pigmentation.



Here are finger swatches of the same colours side by side, starting from the lightest shade down:
Left: Bobbi Brown, Right: Makeup Revolution
Left: Bobbi Brown, Right: Makeup Revolution 
Left: Bobbi Brown, Right: Makeup Revolution


Left: Makeup Revolution, Right: Bobbi Brown

Left: Bobbi Brown, Right: Makeup Revolution


As you can clearly tell from arm swatches, the Makeup Revolution one is actually more pigmented, and when swatching, it felt smoother and creamier too. From the finger swatches you can barely tell which one is which - the colours are almost, if not, the same! Little things like these really goes to show you that sometimes, you pay the price you pay for the brand name as opposed to the product quality.

Final Verdict: The Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick is great for those who want to spend a bit more money on a product/if they like buying Bobbi Brown makeup itself. But the Makeup Revolution Shimmer Brick does the better job in my opinion. It has better pigmentation, the formula is smoother, and what's better is that it is an easy to find and afford product for just £3!!!

I hope you enjoyed reading this dupes post! Let me know what you think! 

Lots of love
xoxo

Comments

  1. Lovely blog post. Makeup revolution is one of my fave brands xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!💗 ahh me too, they do such amazing quality products for such a good price, you can't go wrong! X

      Delete
  2. Wow this is crazy! When I saw the picture I automatically assumed the more pigmented ones would be Bobbi Brown and I can't believe it's not! I'm really loving Makeup Revolution at the minute for picking things up to use everyday just because the products are so affordable. That way I can hold out/ save for the more expensive products or use the more expensive products I already have just on special occasions or just less often. Really loved this post! Might have to pick this shimmer brick up!

    Ellie x

    www.elliesbitsofbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and for the kind comment, Ellie!! I know I was super shocked when I started doing the swatches and saw the pigmentation difference! Me too I completely agree, I love Makeup Revolution, they do such amazing products at a great price. I defo recommend the shimmer brick its so pigmented!! Xxxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts