Anatomicals Product Review!

Anatomicals is a great affordable brand with quirky unique product names and packaging. The brand itself stocks a wide variety of skincare, from masks to lip treatments, to creams to moisturisers- all at an affordable price!

I was lucky enough to be sent these products to review and so far so good. 3 items got sent to me: The Daily SPF15 Moisturiser, The Citrus Scrub and the Body Lotion. As you can see from the photo, they all have funny, light hearted phrases on them, which most companies and products would not include or have!

You can purchase Anatomicals from Superdrug and Asos.

The Daily SPF15 Moisturiser:

This was the only product that came in a cardboard carton packaging. The product itself has 50ml of product inside which is so great for travelling and to bring onto the plane with you for that extra boost of hydration. I love that it has SPF15 in it, its so important to put SPF on daily even if it isn't sunny, so having SPF within the moisturiser is just one less skincare step for me. Although it is quite a low protection level, in my opinion some protection is better than none, and for days when it's extra sunny or if I'll be outside for long, I put some sun screen on as well just for even more protection!

The packaging:
The product packaging is quite a short and fat, some people may find this bulky for travelling but I personally don't mind. It has a little cap for the pump (which is great to avoid spillages or leakage if the product were to explode or be squashed). But as the actual packaging is hard plastic, I don't see it spilling or leaking anyway! It comes with a pump which is handy, I personally find that one full pump is too much product for my face so I tend to only use half a pump but again, I personally don't find this a problem.

Ingredients:
This product is packed full of great ingredients for the skin, for example:
Glycerin - a great ingredient to help draw in moisture for the skin
Shea Butter - a super great ingredient to help nourish and hydrate the skin
Witch Hazel - this ingredient is mainly used in skincare products to help remove excess oils from the skin
Co-enzyme Q10 - this is an enzyme found in every cell in the body that helps keep the skin healthy, it's a popular ingredient used to help with anti-ageing (helps create collagen and elastin).

Opinion:
I think this moisturiser is great, it really makes my skin feel plump and hydrated, there's a really minor scent to it (almost unnoticeable in my opinion) and it glides onto my skin so effortlessly. My skin can get pretty sensitive, and I've found that in the past I can break out in hives when using products my skin doesn't like, but this moisturiser is great and doesn't break me out!

Final Verdict:
I love this product. It's super easy to travel with (which I love because I'm always having to pack light for weekends away to see my boyfriend and to see my family when I'm at uni). It has great beneficial ingredients in it as well as cute quirky packaging which I love. I'll definitely be repurchasing this when I run out!!

The Coconut and Mango Body Lotion:

Firstly, I have got to say how amazing this smells. I wouldn't usually think a combination of coconut and mango would work but it honestly does. It smells so light and refreshing, it's amazing!!


The packaging:
Again, it has such a funny phrase "smoother butts love coconuts". You don't really think or expect products to have light hearted and funny phrases on them do you? It comes in a sleek matte squeezy tube, with 200ml of product which is a really good amount, as I've found that I don't need that much product to cover my body compared to some of the other products I have.

The product:
The product squeezes out to a thick-ish consistency, so like I said, I've found that I don't need as much product as my other body lotions. It's a really great product. It's super easy to work into the skin, but I do find that it takes a while for it to sink into the skin and completely dry off, if that makes sense. Perhaps its because its a thicker consistency, but it's not really an issue that bothers me seeing as I use this after I shower then sit on my bed on my phone for ages before I actually get on with other things 😂

Final verdict:
I love this body lotion, it's super creamy and moisturising on my skin and makes it feel so smooth and soft. The scent is just everything, it really reminds me of being on a tropical exotic holiday (which makes me want to go on one so bad💔), but it's a really great product.
If you like a body lotion that dries really quickly almost instantly, I'm not sure I would recommend this one for you because as I've found that it takes a few minutes to dry off. But when using a super thin amount of product on my skin, (obviously) it does dry a lot quicker - I just love using lots of it...


The Citrus Scrub:

The Packaging:
This has a pink shiny squeezy bottle like the Lotion, again with 200ml of product which is actually a really really good amount! I find I don't use a lot because I just focus this on the areas I think feel rough/is in need of a good exfoliating. I absolutely love their packaging like I mentioned before, it's fun and different, and I love the colours used. I mean, most brands just tend to stick to one colour scheme right? But I actually really love how the products vary in colour. It just reflects their super quirky fun branding! 

The product:
The scent of this one is just so refreshing and amazing - its citrus-y (as the name suggests), super fresh and relaxing. The smell is like a mix between grapefruit and lemon. I mainly focus this on my elbows and knees (thats where I have the most ingrown hairs/un-smooth skin), and let me tell you guys!!!! This worked a dream, it leaves my skin feeling so nice and soft!! It has a light pink thin consistency with those sugar(?) beads to help with exfoliating, and the beads aren't too rough on the skin (I've tried some in the past which were too harsh on my skin).

Final Verdict: I love this product, I can't get enough of this scent, it's super light and does a great job. What more could I ask for? The only 'negative' I have on this product would be that it doesn't really include instructions, I mean I know it's pretty self explanatory on what it is, but for newbies or just those who don't use body scrubs as often, I suppose they wouldn't really know exactly how to use it? (I'm basing this off of my friend seeing this product and not really understanding when to use it, i.e. in the shower).


Overall, I loved these products! They have definitely got their branding, packaging and scents down to a T! I can't wait to try more of their products out, I definitely recommend the brand in general (and I definitely recommend the moisturiser if you're looking for one to travel with and/or one with SPF in it).

Let me know your thoughts! Have you tried any of their products? If so, what were your thoughts?

Lots of love
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts