What's in my carry on travel makeup bag?✈☀

Summertime is fast approaching and so many of us are going to be going on holidays now as university and schools are slowly beginning to break up for the summer. Whether it's a long haul or short haul flight, I'll be sharing the things I'll be taking with me on the plane this summer!

Being on a plane is actually really bad for your skin, the air is recycled and with constant air conditioning, your skin will start to react to it so we need to take care of it! Hydration is key.

Of course, any liquids will need to be put inside a clear see-through bag so when you go through
security checks, they can see exactly what's inside!

I purchased my clear bag on Superdrug which came in a set of 3, and it holds a great amount of things inside. And of course, every liquid item must be under 100ml!


The most important item for me has to be moisturiser - I have naturally quite dry skin, so with my dry skin on a plane, it needs it's moisture. Here I've taken the Simple Anti-Blemish Moisturiser (75ml), it's not my favourite but I've just run out of my The Ordinary Moisturiser, but obviously any one will do. It's so important to keep your skin hydrated as the air con will really dehydrate and draw out moisture from your skin.

The next important item for me has to be lip balm. 100% you cannot neglect your lips, I often get dry lips if I don't drink enough water, and/or I don't keep them moisturised. Me being extra, I take 2 different kinds, the Carmex lip balm in the scent Vanilla and the original Vaseline tin. I love the tingling feeling the Carmex lip balm gives, but also Vaseline is just a great affordable product to keep my lips hydrated! I often find Vaseline is more long wearing so if I'm on a long haul flight, I'm definitely using Vaseline for when I sleep!

Hand cream is yet another important product for me. Lately I've been getting drier knuckles and I've never had this issue before, but this Soap and Glory Hand Food is amazing at moisturising my skin (lol how many more times am I going to say moisturising...). But in all seriousness, this is a really good product, and a perfect 50ml size to take on the plane with you! It smells amazing and does a great job, what more could you want!


Me being the extra person that I am, moisturiser simply just isn't enough - especially on long haul flights. A facial spritz is sometime I'll be taking for when I need a boost of refreshness and hydration. My go to is the Mario Badescu Rose Water facial spray but that's not 100ml or less (it's like 118ml lol), so I've opted for the Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Face Mist! It gives a really great moisture boost, and being 100ml its obviously perfect to take on the plane with you.

Hand wipes are another essential for me - not only to clean my hands, but also to just wipe down the table tray - either at the start of the flight and the table is sticky or dirty from the flight before, or just in general. Also, I don't know if it's just me or not, but sometimes I know my hands are clean, but they just feel dirty? Or they just feel like they need to feel more refreshed - that's what hand wipes are great for too! (for me anyway😂)

I'm the type that needs to be extra prepared and over pack in the odd chance that I'll need it. So makeup towelettes are another thing I would bring with me to, I guess, clean my face but also give it some refreshment and love. These Yes to Soothing facial wipes are so light and energising for my face. With cucumber infused, it does a great job at just hydrating and making my face feel amazing! Having a moisturiser, facial mist and facial wipes may be excessive to some of you, but I would honestly rather pack it in than kick myself for not taking it with me inflight..

These are definitely not things I'd be constantly using during the flight, but more something to take for before I land, especially if I'm landing during the daytime and want to look presentable. Having mascara and a brow product with me is something I'd take, to either touch up on, if it was a short haul flight and I already had makeup on, or if it was a medium or long haul flight that landed during day time and I want to look like I didn't endure a long 8 hour flight 😂 obviously, any product will do, I would just take the most convenient and/or my holy grails with me! Here I have the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara and the Kiko Eyebrow Sculpt Pencil.

These are just some of the things I would take with me in my travel bag. Of course a whole load of other things would be with me, like my phone, headphones (a 100% must) and other entertainment and electronics such as a good book to read, my iPad, and a whole load of snacks. Water is of course so important as well, so I'll be the one bothering the flight attendants to bring some more water and juice to me!!

I hope you all enjoyed reading this post, and I hope it's inspired and/or helped you all with what to pack on the plane!

Lots of love!
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts