Hair care routine

Hey guys!

How are we all today? The days are getting longer and I cannot be happier! Sunshine really makes me happy😋

What I've personally found was that I sometimes seem to neglect my hair a lot - I take good care of my skin but my hair gets left behind... Especially after bleaching and dyeing my hair, its been needing some TLC.

I've been dyeing my hair for 3 years now and although it may not seem like a long time, I've dyed and bleached my hair countless times within that duration. From bleaching and toning to dyeing my hair, it's gone through some tough times and harsh chemicals...

Dyeing your hair is damaging, but bleaching your hair takes it to another level. You are literally stripping the colour from your hair for a lighter shade of your natural hair colour - you can see why bleaching multiple times and dyeing it really takes its toll on hair.

Not only from hair colouring, but from straightening, curling and blow drying your hair, that adds damage to it - even if you use heat protectant (in my experience). I've been trying to use less and less heat to my hair nowadays, whether it's letting my hair naturally dry or using heatless methods to curl my hair.

There are ways you can treat your hair and save it during the bleaching/dyeing process: Using Olaplex whilst bleaching is said to really help your hair stay healthy and smooth rather than dry and straw-like. You can purchase this on ebay/amazon, or even ask your salon if they use it whilst bleaching.


But if the damage has already been done (like for my hair), then there are ways you can help treat your hair and show it some love. Simple things like hair masks, serums, oils and even the shampoo you use will help and have an impact to your hairs condition.

Here are some of the hair products I like to use:
From L-R:
Palmer's Coconut Oil Leave In Conditioner: (£4.99)
John Frieda Frizz Ease Original Serum (£6.99)
Phyto Phytokeratine Damaged Hair Mask (In a travel set: £23.50)
Phyto Huile Supreme Rich Smoothing Oil (In the same set: £23.50)

I think using hair masks are so important to maintain smooth and healthy hair - it allows your hair to soak in the nutrients the product has for a long duration, helping the internal structure of the hair. The Phytokeratine hair mask is great - it really makes my hair feel silky soft afterwards (note: there are little specks of fine glitter in it if that bothers you - see video below)


I usually use hair masks every other hair wash I do, but when I don't have the time to do a hair mask, then I like going for leave in conditioners like the Palmer's one - it smells amazing!! I love the smell of coconut, its so fresh and reminds me of summer, so if you're not a coconut scent fan then I wouldnt't recommend this to you. 

I love using two-three pumps of the John Frieda serum, it smells great and I feel it does a good job at protecting my hair from heat and frizz! I personally think hair oil is really important - I tend to lean towards Argan oil - I seem to see it everywhere in haircare products to promote healthy hair.

Your hair really soaks in the Argan oil, leaving your hair feeling soft and healthier-looking. I've been loving the Phyto Smoothing oil - the spray is a nice fine spray that evenly distributes across an area of your hair as opposed to being really targeted and precise (so only one small section of hair gets covered in oil). It might sound like a really silly thing to highlight but it does help and it does make a difference! (For me anyway)

Do you have any holy grail haircare products or just products you've been loving lately? Comment and let me know I'd love to hear and try some out for myself!

As always, thank you so much for reading my post!! It means a lot to me😇

Lots of love!
xoxo

Comments

  1. Great post lovely and well done for launching your blog! X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts