The Ordinary Skincare Review

Hey guys!

So I have heard so many good things about the brand 'The Ordinary' for being reasonably priced skin care that does a great job! I have been so intrigued to try some products but if I'm honest, I got so confused and overwhelmed when I looked at the products. From the UK, you can purchase products from this brand on ASOS or BeautyBay. I ordered mine off of ASOS as I could get an additional 10% off the products!

All product names are pretty scientific, and most doesn't tell you what it does; you would actually have to click on each individual item to see what it does! But the great thing on BeautyBay is that on the side of the brand's product listing, you're able to tick your concerns/the type of product you're looking for (>>>), and even the type of product (moisturiser, serum, treatment, exfoliator) and the ingredients you want in your product (e.g hyaluronic acid, vitamin c...)

Of course you can see other people's reviews and blogposts on the products to see what others recommend for what type of skin. I was so lucky to have had help from a lovely girl on instagram (@mauihawaiigrl) - she is so sweet and kind with helping me with my skin's needs and I can't thank her enough! (Give her a follow)

She recommended me so many different products and what to steer away from - I have dry and sensitive skin so I am always so apprehensive to try new products because I know there's a huge chance of me breaking out into spots and/or hives, that's why I've kept to the same skincare routine for the longest time ever.

So because of my sensitive skin, I didn't want to buy a whole new set of skincare items in case of skin freaked out on me. So I purchased two items - Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, and Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA. Both target hydration, and the Hyaluronic Acid also helps repair dry damaged skin.

The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 review:
This is in a dropper application, with the bottle advising to put a few drops on the face in the morning and evening. It has a thicker consistency to water but it's obviously runny enough to drop down your face and be used for a dropper applicator. It's great fun using the dropper - I apply the drops directly to my face (usually one on each cheek, a drop on my forehead and another on my nose). As I rub this into my skin, I do notice that it rubs into a tacky finish before drying normally, but it's not an issue for me.

I've been using this product as advised in the morning and evening and I've got to say I love it! I've been pairing it with the moisturiser and together its great for my skin - no break outs, no hives, no itchiness! Throughout the day my skin doesn't feel dry at all - it definitely looks and feels plump and hydrated!

Overall, I've got to say this product is great - it really does what it says it will do and I reckon this product will last me a long time. You literally only need a few drops, and with 30ml of product in the bottle, it's going to last you ages! I've been using this daily for over a week now and it barely looks like I've used it at all.

For the price (£6), how much you get and what it does to my skin: it's definitely a 10/10 rating from me!

The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA review:

This squeezy bottle of moisturiser has 30ml of product in it as well, and is supposed to be used as the last step (but before make up primer). This product costs £5 and if I'm honest, I did expect the product to be bigger in size. I'm the type of person that doesn't really look at measurements like these to get an estimate of the product size so usually when I open parcels and I see the size, I'm often disappointed or at least cursing myself to check product sizing/volume next time...

It's quite a thick consistency for a moisturiser but I suppose its thicker for more moisture (?). I've been using this after the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 and it's a great pair - I have been swapping the moisturiser back to my usual one to see if there is a difference in how my skin looks and feels after and so far, I haven't been noticing any difference. I like pairing these two products together but I will admit that the moisturiser works just as well as my other moisturisers (my usual go-to one is the Simple Anti-Blemish Moisturiser).

The great thing about this brand is that you can actually see what products should be used when and in what order of your skincare regimen as well as whether it is oil or water based on their website here.

I would give this a 6/10 rating - it does work, and it works well with the Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 but so far I'm finding that my usual moisturiser works just as well with the Hyaluronic Acid too. You don't get thaat much product with this one (I do tend to use up creams and moisturisers more in comparison to toners and cleansers), so I'm unsure if I would repurchase this product. Of course I will continue to use it until it runs out and see how it lasts and holds out in comparison to my usual moisturiser, so I guess my final final verdict of whether I'll repurchase it will be when I've used it some more!


I'd love to try out more of their brand and see what else works well! Let me know if you have any suggestions of products to try and/or avoid!

Thanks for reading!

Lots of love
xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts