Kat Von D Tattoo Liner Dupe?!

Hi Guys!

So a few months ago, I had bought the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper (£16), I was skeptical to purchase it only because of the price, but I had seen so many people raving about this eyeliner and how amazing it was and how it's their holy grail. So I trusted the people of the Internet and bought the product.

When receiving it, there is no doubt that the packaging is beautiful, the artwork design is just so pretty. On my first swatch of the product, I was a bit underwhelmed - I expected it to be a lot darker. But I hoped it would work better on the eye, and surprisingly, it was worse- the product starts drying out as I'm half way through my first eye... I hope I got a dud or a bad batch, because everyone else seems to love this product so much. But I honestly felt like I wasted £16 on something that wasn't even that great, I found myself reaching for other (cheaper) eyeliners instead of this one...

I love the brush applicator of the KvD product so much, and ever since I've been trying to find another eyeliner with a brush applicator. Fast forward a few months later, I saw a few Youtubers talk about the NYX Epic Ink Liner (£9) and how amazing it was and how it was a brush applicator. You can imagine how happy and excited I got... So I searched and searched for where I could buy this product and I finally got my hands on it!!!

I had high hopes considering the Youtubers compared it to the KvD Tattoo Liner and called it better than that. And that is exactly how I feel. This NYX Epic Ink Liner is so black and so easy to apply.
 
(Swatches: NYX on the left and KvD on the right)

As you can see from this swatch, the NYX one is way darker and finer! Can you believe I had to go over the KvD one three times to get it to that swatch? And the NYX one is still darker... I'm honestly so happy I got the NYX one because how it swatches and applies onto my eyes is basically how I wanted the KvD one to work! (Not only that but the NYX one is cheaper!)

(Left: NYX Epic Ink Liner, Right: Kat von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper)

As you can see from the photo, the NYX liner has a slightly finer tip compared to the KvD one - and not to mention, for £9, the NYX one actually contains more product in comparison:

(Top: KvD Tattoo Liner, Bottom: NYX Epic Ink Liner)

The KvD one has 0.55ml of product whereas the NYX one has 1ml - which is more or less double the amount! And especially for the price point, you can't go wrong!

So in my opinion, if you're skeptical about paying £16 for an eyeliner or if you just want a good quality eyeliner that does a great job without breaking the bank too much, try out the NYX one. I highly recommend it.

I cannot recommend this product enough - especially if you want to try a brush tip applicator! (Lets not mention the fact that if you purchase the NYX eyeliner on feelunique, students get 10% off - gotta love a discount😉). But anyway, I'm definitely going to be reaching for the NYX liner over the KvD one! 

So is this a dupe for the Kat von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper? A million times yes!!! If anything, I personally think it's better than the KvD liner...


Let me know your thoughts on the two eyeliners! Have you tried them out as well? Let me know💕

Lots of love as always!♡
xoxo



Comments

Popular Posts