Nip + Fab Matte Liquid Lipstick Review!


Yesterday I got an exciting parcel containing two of the Nip + Fab Matte Liquid Lipsticks I purchased off of the Superdrug website (here).

You can purchase it on the Superdrug website or buy in store where there are some Nip + Fab makeup available in selected stores. These liquid lipsticks are £7.95 each, which is quite a good price for a liquid lipstick.

There were quite a selection to choose from- from cool nudes to deep warm browns. I'm more of a neural nude lipstick wearer (usually colours that are almost like my natural lip colour but better). So I chose the shades 'Biscuit' and 'Marshmallow'.



When swatching them, they look identical in the photo but I promise you Marshmallow has a more pinky tone to it in comparison and Biscuit is more brown/dark (which you can actually tell more when you look at the product inside the lipstick tube - as you can hopefully see in the with flash swatch).


When doing the swatches and wiping them off with a makeup wipe afterwards, I did notice that it took quite a bit of effort and strength to get them off, and even with an oil based makeup remover, it's still stained on my arm a little. (Not sure if thats something that bothers you or is necessary to know but I thought I'd let you all know anyway!).

I've divided the review into a few different categories so you guys can easily read the bits you really want to know about!

Colour: The colours are amazing, I love the two I chose, they're basically my lip colour but slightly darker or pinker! I didn't find them to be patchy either which is a plus

Application: The application was pretty smooth and easy, I dipped back into the tube once which is amazing

Comfort: To be honest, they're not comfortable. When applying it, it feels fine, and when it looks like it's dried down matte, it just feels sticky. When I put my lips together, they just stick together which obviously isn't ideal or what I want in a liquid lipstick... They're definitely not comfortable in my opinion.

Longevity: They last an okay amount of time, but regardless of how long they last, they just feel really uncomfortable and annoying. I know its sticky but it just makes me want to carry on putting my lips together to feel that sticky feeling...

Transfer: Totally not transfer or kiss proof. Even when testing out if any product would come off on the back of my hand, what was on my hand also felt sticky and gross :(


Overall, although I love the colours, I would definitely not want to wear these alone, so I reckon (and hope) using lipgloss over the top would be whats best to get the best use out of these products... I really hope they change up the formula so that they're more comfortable and not sticky on the lips, because the price point and colours are great in my opinion.

Let me know your thoughts! Have you tried this yet?

Lots of love!
xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts